Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Dear Tracy Phillips...



Hi! How are you? I'm fine. You can call me the Captain. I was a big fan of the show "Sports Night," so I was interested to see the movie, "Charlie Wilson's War," since it was written by striking SAG writer Aaron Sorkin. The New York Times ran a news story about the movie before its release, and you were mentioned in it. This was when I learned that you were the granddaughter of Bum Phillips, the legendary football coach, and daughter of his notable son, Wade.



"Unbelievable!", I thought.

But it was true.

I also happen to be a Dallas Cowboys fan. Now, I must say that I was a little worried when he was hired last year. After all, he had been the coach of the Buffalo Bills during the Doug Flutie era. That is wrong on many levels. But the 'Boys record has assuaged my fears, and if anyone doubts his ability to produce results, all they have to do is look at you!

Anyway, I just thought I'd drop you a line. Deadspin says you read sports blogs, so hopefully you'll read this. Also, thanks for being my friend on MySpace. It really works out well that we both live in LA, both want the Cowboys to win, both have a vested interest in the success of "Charlie Wilson's War". I'm glad we've become friends! Good luck with everything, and I'll talk to you soon.

The Captain

1 comment:

Erin McCormack said...

Dear Captain,

I think that you should stop giving credit where it is and is not due. First of all, why are you giving all of the credit for Mr. Romo's performance to Jessica Simspon? That seems odd given that she's a preacher's daughter/singer/reality "star" - it doesn't really seem to have a lot to do with influencing football plays. It's also a bit sexist and chauvanist to think that Mr. Romo is only distracted by Ms. Simpson's 'boots' and 'legs', 'butt' and 'boobs'. Maybe it's her stimulating conversation, volunteer work with orphans, love of travel and beautiful voice that distract him - you don't know...!
And what are you crediting Tracy Phillips with exactly? She's the daughter of the coach you like? She has a tight stomach? In my mind, she's more of a distraction to the cowboys than Jessica Simpson as the coach probably has to keep the players from hitting on her all the time.

Thank you for your consideration,

The Tigress

 
Add to Technorati Favorites